Rossall Summer School is an intensive language programme combined with general activities, specialised skills and cultural experiences. Our Summer School is designed to appeal to boys and girls from all over the world, running throughout the summer holidays on our stunning coastal campus, where they have plenty of space to learn and explore. Careful consideration is given to ensure that all communication during the student ’s time her e at Rossall Summer School is in English. With this in mind, we try our best, where possible, to recruit a good balance of nationalities into our Summer School. Our international students will also have the opportunity to mix with English students at meal times and during evening activities on occasion when our non-residential courses are running.
Senior Programme Skills Weeks Schedule 2020
In 2017, we introduced a range of specialist skills weeks. These were so popular that we have increased the variety on offer year on year. These skills weeks allow students to focus on developing a specific activity, alongside their studies. The intensive teaching and coaching programme will be delivered by qualified instructors.
TENNIS Week 1 4th July 2020 – 11th July 2020 ARTS AND CRAFTS Week 1 4th July 2020 – 11th July 2020 GOLF Week 2 and Week 7 11th July 2020 – 18th July 2020 and 15th August 2020 – 22nd August 2020 BEST OF BRITISH COOKERY SKILLS Week 2 11th July 2020 – 18th July 2020 FOOTBALL WITH FLEETWOOD TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB Week 3 18th July 2020 – 25th July 2020 ADVENTURES IN ASTRONOMY Week 3 18th July 2020 – 25th July 2020 HORSE RIDING Week 4 25th July 2020 – 1st August 2020 FINE ARTS Week 4 25th July 2020 – 1st August 2020 OUTDOOR WATER SPORTS Week 5 1st August 2020 – 8th August 2020 SCHOOL OF ROCK ‘N’ POP Week 5 1st August 2020 – 8th August 2020 BUSHCRAFT Week 6 8th August 2020 – 15th August 2020 DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY Week 6 8th August 2020 – 15th August 2020 ADVANCED ENGLISH LANGUAGE Week 7 15th August 2020 – 22nd August 2020
Of course, those who decide not to choose a specialised skill can enjoy a fun-packed programme of creative activities and sports. Rossall Summer School uses the school’s excellent facilities allowing us to offer a varied programme to suit everyone. To apply for a place at Rossall Summer School, please click here.
Summer School Summary
- Courses available throughout July and August (a minimum of 2 weeks is recommended)
- For girls and boys aged 7-17
- Co-ordinated by Rossall School’s own specialist teaching staff
- Small class sizes (no more than 10 students per class)
- Fully academic report and certificate of attendance provided
- Daily programme of activities using Rossall School’s superb facilities
- Cultural and social activities on and off campus
- Full residential 24-hour supervision
- Located in North West England – a safe and secure campus on the coast
- Meet and greet service available from Manchester and Liverpool airports
- Course fees include all tuition, teaching materials, accommodation, food, laundry and leisure programme
What to pack
- Casual/smart clothes (trousers, jumpers, fleece, shirts, T-shirts etc.)
- Dressing gown
- Washing bag and toiletries
*Laptops are optional and not essential. There is ample access to School computers in all Houses.
Summer School Photos
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The food at Rossall is superb! Breakfast is a tempting array of cooked and fresh options accompanied by cereals, yogurts, muesli, fruits, juices and hot drinks.
Rossall is a place to inspire strong emotions. Shaped by its coastal location, it encourages a spirit of curiosity and adventure. Surrounded by stunning architecture, it generates an atmosphere of calm and tradition.