Changes to our Admissions Process in light of Covid-19
In light of Covid-19 and the restrictions that have been put in place to minimise risk to us all, we have made a variety of adjustments to our admissions process for prospective pupils looking to join us in September 2020.
We can confirm that we are still accepting pupils for September 2020 and that our Admissions Team (UK and International) are available to contact via email and telephone. In order to facilitate new admissions here at Rossall we have made some adjustments to our process as follows:
Visits / Tours
Due to current restrictions in place, we are unable to offer visits or tours around the school site.
However, we would be delighted to arrange a phone call or video call with our Headmaster, Heads of Departments and Key Staff, if you would like to pose any questions to specific members of staff here at Rossall School.
Additionally, please take a look at:
When the school re-opens, we will, of course, arrange for these to take place.
Our Admissions Team will be in touch thereafter to register your child’s place and to take you through next steps.
We currently advise not to post paper registration forms at this time, as we cannot guarantee when access to the school site will be allowed for staff and visitors.
We will facilitate interviews with prospective pupils (dependent on age) via video call platforms. We will also offer prospective parents the opportunity to speak with our Headmaster, Heads of Departments and Key Staff, via a phone call or video call at a time convenient to you.
We are currently unable to invite prospective pupils to the school for a taster day. When the School re-opens, we will, of course, arrange for these to take place. A taster day is a perfect opportunity for your child to meet their new peers and teachers, along with gaining familiarity with their new school environment.
Offer of a Place
By adjusting our admissions policy as above, we will still be able to accept new registrations and offer school places for a September 2020 entry, despite the current restrictions we have on allowing access to the school site.
During this period we will be able to:
- Accept new registrations
- Provide ongoing communication with our Admissions Team
- Facilitate a phone call or a video call between our Headmaster, Heads of Departments and Key Staff with prospective parents and pupils, to help answer questions that you may have and gain a feel for the School, our ethos and our values
- Conduct interviews via video call
- Offer a school place based on a video interview, school reports and a reference from your child’s current school (subject to the child’s age).
Please keep an eye on this section of our website, which will continually be updated as Covid-19 related restrictions are changed or lifted, and our admissions process adapts accordingly.
For further information, please contact:
- UK Registrations: Gillian Leggett email@example.com
- International Registrations (Asia / Australasia): Adam Cawkwell firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Registrations (Europe / Africa / Americas): Julie Yorke email@example.com
- Summer School Registrations: Lisa Rhodes firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Rossall, please view our prospectus and information booklets available to download below.