Rossall School’s Five Year Development Plan (September 2019 to August 2024) clearly articulates our strategic ambition for the future direction of the School and it addresses all those areas that we believe are vitally important to ensuring our ongoing success. The emphasis on teaching and learning is complemented by a focus upon commercial factors and the need to further develop our already impressive site.
The Development Plan also includes a new mission statement and the plan itself is predicated upon six core strategic aims:
- To inspire intellectual excitement and academic excellence
- To develop compassionate and caring young people
- To engender cultural awareness and artistic creativity
- To ensure public benefit
- To promote sporting excellence
- To ensure we provide an education for the future
Rossall School’s strategic framework considers:
- The quality of pupil achievement and learning
- The quality of teaching and assessment
- The quality of pastoral care and arrangements for pupil welfare
- The quality of our co-curricular provision
- The quality of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our pupils
- The quality of leadership and management
- The quality of governance
- The quality of communications including marketing and alumni relations
- Public benefit (Charitable Activities)
- Commercial Enterprise
Please click on the below image to read the full Development Plan.
Rossall is a place to inspire strong emotions. Shaped by its coastal location, it encourages a spirit of curiosity and adventure. Surrounded by stunning architecture, it generates an atmosphere of calm and tradition.
A school’s curriculum goes to the very heart of education, defining not only what our pupils experience and enjoy whilst they are here at Rossall, but also defining what they take away in terms of like skills, values, qualifications and passions.