175 Years of Inspiring Excellence
Rossall School was founded in August 1844 and 2019 marks our 175th anniversary. Rossall School has a long and proud tradition as a distinguished education provider. The success of the School is based not only on the quality of our academic teaching but also on: the environment in which pupils and staff live and study, our approach to professional and pastoral support, and our rich heritage. The anniversary gives us an opportunity to reflect on our illustrious history whilst ensuring that we are well-positioned to ensure that we are a school resolutely inclined to deliver the highest quality of education. We will be marking the anniversary with a full programme of events and celebrations to be shared by our pupils, staff and alumni as well as the wider community.
Click on the above image for more information.
The 175th Committee is established, with the aim to manage the celebratory events of the year.
- House Art Competition – Rossall at 175. Winning entries are to be placed in the 175 time capsule. Launch date Monday 21st January.
- Birthday Lunch for all staff and pupils on Tuesday 5th March – Victorian themed.
- On Wednesday 1st May all pupils and staff will take part in the 17.5km Charity Challenge. We shall be resurrecting the Lumbe Cup on Friday 24th May – a house swimming competition is traditionally done on the morning of Prize Day.
- We will host the very first Rossall Proms in the Marquee on the evening of Friday 25th May.
- The 175th Anniversary Gala Ball will take place on Friday 31st May. Visit: www.rossall.org.uk/175ball for more information.
- The official opening of the Sports Hall is planned for September 2019
The above list could be subject to change.
There are numerous exciting developments occurring in 2019: 1. Completion of new Sixth Form Study Centre – Spring 2019 2. Relocation and expansion of Learning Development Department – Spring 2019 3. Opening of Centre for Innovation and Excellence (Teaching and Learning) – September 2019 4. Relocation and expansion of Learning Development Department – Spring 2019 5. Introduction of Heads of Year and horizontal tutor groups – September 2019 6. Re-establishment of Classics Department – September 2019 7. Introduction of Politics A Level, BTEC in Sports Science and GCSEs in Astronomy and Food and Nutrition Science – September 2019 8. Development of Farm/Environmental Learning 9. Introduction of HPQ/Human Universe Course for Years 10/11 – September 2019 The above list is by no means exhaustive